Frequently asked Questions
Can I cancel my reservation and get a refund?
Yes, we offer a 24-Hour Risk-Free Cancellation
I live on the fourth floor and my building has no elevator. Can you carry me up and down?
Yes. Depending on your weight and staircase, we will have to provide two or more operators and a special stair chair.
We do not have a wheelchair. Can you provide one?
If I need service now can you help?
Do I have to make a reservation?
Can you accommodate a power wheelchair?
I need to travel long distances, can you provide such service?
How many additional passengers can travel with a wheelchair?
Depends on the size of the vehicle, we can accommodate one wheelchair passenger and up to 6 additional passengers
Do you pick-up from airports?
Do you pickup from Hospitals?
Can you accommodate more then one wheelchair bound passenger in one vehicle?
Yes. We can transport up to 2 wheelchair bound passengers per van. We have a Sprinter that can carry 2 Wheelchairs ot a Bus to accommodate 7 Wheelchairs together.
Can we reserve a round trip?
Do you accept credit cards?
What type of payment method are you accepting
We accept all credit and debit cards.
When creating a reservation on-line or by phone, a reservation email will be sent to you, you will follow a link on that email to update your credit card info.
My father is overweight person. Is there a weight limit for the service?
Our current weight limit is 650LBS
What is Non-Emergency Medical Transportation?
Non-emergency medical transportation is a form of medical transport that is provided for non-emergency situations to people who do not require immediate medical attention. Non-Emergency transportation is a safe and comfortable way of disabled travel without having to transfer from your wheelchair, stretcher, oxygen tank along with any other apparatus needed as long as you do not require immediate medical attention from an EMT, DOCTOR, or NURSE. Ambulances, helicopters, and other emergency transport vehicles may also be used in non-emergency medical transport, however, the primary use of this type of transportation is to travel with a medical team that can provide urgent life support if the need arises. This type of service can be considered expensive if you do not require such assistance. Thus, Non-Emergency transportation is available by ambulette providers like us.
If I need service now can you help?
My mother is handicapped. Can I travel with her in the same vehicle?
Do riders pay tolls or surcharges?
Yes: if the predicted route used in your upfront price includes an estimated toll, surcharge or other fee, it will be automatically included in your trip price. Examples of these charges can include (but are not limited to):
– Tolls associated with your trip’s route
– Tolls associated with your driver’s return to the area in which they usually conduct trips
– Surcharges to or from airports, seaports, stadiums, and other venues & events
– City-specific surcharges meant to offset governmental fees imposed on rideshare services
If the tolls or surcharges on your route differ from our predicted route, the price of your ride may change.
WHO KEEPS THESE TOLLS & SURCHARGES?
Depending on the reason and location, these additional charges may be kept by your driver, paid by your driver to NYC Wheelchair Transportation or related entities, or passed through (in whole or in part) to a governmental agency or other third parties. Please also note that these charges to your trip’s price may not match the amounts kept by the parties mentioned above. Here are a few examples of when this may occur:
– You may be charged an estimated toll at the commercial toll rate even though your driver pays the non-commercial rate.
– You may be charged an estimated toll for your driver’s return to the area in which they usually conduct trips, even if the toll doesn’t apply in the direction of your trip’s route.
– The tolls or surcharges you are charged may differ from the actual amount paid by a driver, such as when electronic and cash toll amounts differ.
– In certain areas, a surcharge is added to your trip price even though the location does not collect a corresponding payment from NYC Wheelchair Transportation or your driver.
– Depending on the area and the charge(s), multiple passengers may each pay the full amount of the estimated charge(s).