for Healthcare Organizations
Our healthcare transportation initiatives stand out as consumer-focused services designed to enrich a patient’s seamless healthcare experience from start to finish.
Setting us apart from conventional ride-hailing or broker-based scheduling firms, we offer a cost-efficient transportation approach while ensuring a delightful patient journey.
Share your clinic’s daily schedule via desktop or phone to NYC Wheelchair Transportation—and that’s it. We adapt to and accommodate your facility’s and patients’ needs. We are in constant communication with your staff so that your clinical operations are not disrupted. We are not a third-party dispatch service, NYC Wheelchair Transportation ensures that your facility and patients always have top priority:
- Simply send your patient appointment schedule to NYC Wheelchair Transportation
- Immediately accessible—NYC Wheelchair Transportation offers personal drivers for your patients
- On-going communication, we call your clinic when patients are running late for their appointments
- When appointments are forgotten, we intervene and manage the communication with your patients on your behalf; calling with reminders and proceeding to their homes to pick them up
- Your clinic can adjust its operations in real-time rather than waiting for late patients or no-shows
NYC Wheelchair Transportation eliminates the painful task of your vulnerable patients trying to secure transportation to their appointments. We also help to alleviate their stress by removing confusion and accommodating any challenges for them during their trips to and from their medical care.
Our easily modified vans and shuttles offer:
- Non-skid ramps for safer access
- Power wheelchair lifts for handicapped entrance
- Side or Back-entry accessibility for an easier sidewalk approach
- Easy pedestrian entrance for able-bodied passengers and those using walkers
Our NEMT technology helps to meet your patient’s expectations of an end-to-end connected healthcare experience:
- Location monitoring via real-time GPS tracking
- Front- and rear-facing vehicle cameras to ensure safety
- Patients feel secure and protected during their trips, encouraging adherence to their appointments
We start by hiring naturally courteous, helpful, and solution-oriented people to be our drivers. Prior to joining NYC Wheelchair Taxi, they must pass comprehensive background checks to help ensure a safe and secure environment for their patients and clinic. We consistently assign the same drivers to your facility. Knowing your drivers provides familiarity, strengthens the lines of communication, and provides comfort to your staff and patients. NYC Wheelchair Taxi trains our drivers extensively on how to safely use all of the equipment on our customizable fleet of vehicles.
Our drivers take special care to:
- Properly extend ramps and operate wheelchair lifts on our vans and shuttles
- Carefully transfer your patients when entering and exiting our vehicles
- Assist your patients to ensure they safely arrive inside and depart your healthcare facility